So here we go.. July 20, 2007Posted by Peter Hornby in personal.
My wife started a blog.
I’d been suggesting it for a while. She writes well, and she has a lot to talk about. What finally got things moving was her acceptance into the Sawdust Art Festival, in Laguna Beach, as a first-time artist-exhibitor, and her desire to keep a record of the experience, which has been, on occasions, pretty overwhelming. She’s been writing for two months (and working the Festival for three weeks) and the blog already looks good. So, in the last couple of weeks, she’s been gently turning the tables, and wondering when I’m going to start writing. And, I’m afraid to say, Real Soon Now only cuts it for so long. So, here we are.
Who am I? Well, I’m a 52-year-old Englishman, living in Laguna Beach, California. By day, I work in the software industry. The rest of the time seems to disappear in a number of different directions.
- I love music, and, in particular,…
- …I sing in a local choral group, the Saddleback Master Chorale, and..
- …I play the guitar, at a level which makes it a personal, rather than a public, skill
- I follow the England cricket team from a distance
- More locally, I’ve become a fan of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
- I like food, wine and beer
- I’m a passionate amateur astronomer
- I take photographs
- I read. I don’t push it as far as Erasmus – “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”, but you might think so if you saw my night-stand.
- I’m a rational, atheist liberal, with a love for science in all its forms
And, of course, I’m married to Lorraine, who manages to keep me busy when she’s not learning how to be a jeweler.
And “verb. sap”? It’s a abbreviation for a Latin phrase meaning “A word to the wise is sufficient”. These are my words, and, to anyone who reads them, I wish you wisdom.